Saturday, April 30, 2011

Home

So I'm sitting at home on a Saturday evening and it got me thinking about my house,
it probably doesn't help that I have Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's song "Home" stuck in my head (it's just so catchy!). One of the reasons I started this blog was to document the renovations that were taking place, however they are on a bit of a standstill at the moment while we are saving for the grand job of re-piering our house, you've seen our new fence and vegetable patch but there are many other things that need to be done. Toby did do a little fix up in the bathroom today with re-sealing the tiles but thats not all that exciting. With all this said I really do love our house, some things I love about it include: the family connection, Toby's great Grandfather Built it (we had no idea), it's 99 year's old  (i think we may have a birthday party for it next year), it's location, the yard (and the puppies that live in it), the fruit tree's that are older than us, the arch in the hallway (even with it's chip), the high ceilings, the fireplaces, it's comfyness, our art and photo's on the walls, it's crack, it's potential, the sunroom and most of all that I get to share it with a beautiful boy,  it's definitely a home!   

Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is wherever I’m with you
La la la la, take me Home
Baby, I’m coming Home
Amy xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...